Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can I exchange the PCM in My Ford Focus with the exact same ID used unit? Or will it not start?

Will I have to go to a Ford dealership to have it reset? How much does this cost if I have to do it, I've got conflicting answers on this.Can I exchange the PCM in My Ford Focus with the exact same ID used unit? Or will it not start?No it won't start. Because the PATS system will not have the PATS codes. So you need to reprogram the PCM and the PATS system in order to start the car. you will need two keys. I do not know how much they will charge U. Yes you will need to go to a dealer, because they have the proper equipment to do the job(I highly recommended). I am 100% positive that this is the correct answer. But is up to you,Can I exchange the PCM in My Ford Focus with the exact same ID used unit? Or will it not start?No problem as long as the PCM is identical - same year, vehicle type and calibration number. You will not require a re-program.

No comments:

Post a Comment