Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How important is the black rubber plug on the bell housing of a 2003 ford explorer?

I have a 2003 ford explorer and I recently had the transmission rebuilt. When I collected the truck I noticed a small amount of oil/transmission fluild around the black rubber plug on the bell housing on the transmission and upon closer examination I found that the rubber plug was damaged(it had a hole in it). Should I be concerned? Should I take the truck back for them to replace this plug?How important is the black rubber plug on the bell housing of a 2003 ford explorer?The black plug covers inspection hole does prevent road debris and rocks from entering. the fluid could be from installation could be a concearn i would worry more about the fluid than the plug...How important is the black rubber plug on the bell housing of a 2003 ford explorer?Simple answer is YES. The sooner the better. Have the transmission shop inspect the fluid your seeing. With a new rebuild you should not be seeing any leakage of fluids at all.

If the shop is responsible they will be more than happy to make any necessary repair at no additional cost.
  • traffic cameras
  • russian translator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment