Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What kind of special driver license do I need to operate a 24 passenger Ford E-350 transit bus?

I found a great deal on a low-mile Ford E-350 diesel 24-passenger bus. I want to use it as a personal vehicle -- will I need a special license beyond my standard driver's license? I want to use it to move, to take to summer music festivals etc. Nothing involving transporting people for money.What kind of special driver license do I need to operate a 24 passenger Ford E-350 transit bus?you will need a class B with passenger endorsement for anything over 15 passenger vans.. it probably has a GVW of over 25,000 lbs which requires a class B this is due to all the passengers weights, the luggage weights, and the vehicle weights itself.. if it isn't rated for 25,000 lbs then you might still need the class B to get the passenger endorsement which you will definitely need- even if you don't haul passengers.. the rationale is that you could haul passengers so you need it just in case.



I would talk to the DMV in your state just to make sure but you will probably need these special licenses and endorsements (it might even have air brakes which is a separate endorsement and sometimes there is a separate bus endorsement along with the passenger endorsement.)
  • compare cars
  • spanish translation online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment