Saturday, February 18, 2012

How difficult would it be to do a complete brake job for a 2004 ford focus?

I could figure it out, I guess, but am wondering if I should even attempt to do this. I've changed a few tires and performed oil changes but nothing this "big". Is there any type of special tools I need? I've seen this done on my old car (84 ford tempo) twenty years ago.How difficult would it be to do a complete brake job for a 2004 ford focus?It is not a hard job, you will need a special tool to retract the rear calipers. If you do not know what you are doing, you would be better off either having an experienced friend help (show) you do the job, or have it done in a shop.



Assuming that the rotors are not warped, or scarred, and you are just replacing pads, the job should take less than an hour.



After you replace the pads, start the car and pump the brakes, it will take several pumps to get braking power backHow difficult would it be to do a complete brake job for a 2004 ford focus?leave it to the professionals...if you don't know what you're doing you can cause more damage that leaves you with bigger bills than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment