Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can I fix my 1969 Ford Falcon? It does not stay on in a cold start and I always have to use starter fluid.?

I have a 1969 Ford Falcon with a 302 Engine and double barrel carburetor. When I cold start it, it wont start so I have to get off and use starter fluid. After that it starts fine. Then the next morning it does it again.How can I fix my 1969 Ford Falcon? It does not stay on in a cold start and I always have to use starter fluid.?when is the last time you had a tune-up? New points, plugs and wires, and then adjust the carb should get you going..How can I fix my 1969 Ford Falcon? It does not stay on in a cold start and I always have to use starter fluid.?
Check your choke linkage.. Also idle mixture screws. Turn in to seat them.. back out 1.5;2.0 turns. If still a problem rebuild carb.How can I fix my 1969 Ford Falcon? It does not stay on in a cold start and I always have to use starter fluid.?Check the choke when cold, depress accelerator all the way to floor. The butterfly should be closed. If not adjust till it is just closed. The economizer valves were bad about leaking down overnight. Before depressing accelerator smell carb throat for excessive gas smell. A rebuilt carb should not be too expensive to replace if all else fails. Good Luck KellyHow can I fix my 1969 Ford Falcon? It does not stay on in a cold start and I always have to use starter fluid.?
In general with Windsor engines, a cold start problem is choke related. Either check the choke return springs or the level of richness - too far in either direction will make things difficult to start.



The other option is spark. The battery might not hold its charge terribly well, or corroded contacts or cables, or perhaps a deadish alternator, or else the starter itself i jiggered.



Spark, Fuel and Air are always the first three things to check if things aren't running smoothly.How can I fix my 1969 Ford Falcon? It does not stay on in a cold start and I always have to use starter fluid.?First your fuel pump is bad letting the fuel run back to the tank.you can put a manual choke cable in or fix the choke that is on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment