Monday, January 30, 2012

Can my Dell Inspirion's recovery drive still work after overwriting it with another OS?

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows Vista and it comes with a recovery drive. I want to momentarily use a linux on my laptop (actual, not virtual) and bring back the files in the drive after using it. Will it affect the original OS? Is it gonna work?



(I'm not a Vista fan and would've changed the OS already, but the machine is not mine.)Can my Dell Inspirion's recovery drive still work after overwriting it with another OS?If the computer isn't yours, why would you be modifying it? unless permission was granted?



I would suggest not touching the drive and using knoppix or other live-distroCan my Dell Inspirion's recovery drive still work after overwriting it with another OS?
As long as you are writting on your backup drive, you should have no problems. You can wipe the puppy out, put what you want on it, wipe it out again, and make it a backup all over. It is as easy as tossing the ball, catch it in the cup, drop the ball, toss it, and catch again. And if you miss, don't worry, the ball is attached to a string that is attached to the cup. Ball-n-a cup!Can my Dell Inspirion's recovery drive still work after overwriting it with another OS?You can use a linux live cd to get back the files on the hard drive and not make any changes to the hard drive. You do not have to install linux to do that.Can my Dell Inspirion's recovery drive still work after overwriting it with another OS?
if you are using a virtual pc, then why would you overwrite something? just give it a few GB of space on (what I'm guessing is) your C: driveCan my Dell Inspirion's recovery drive still work after overwriting it with another OS?No, it will not affect the original OS as you are using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment