Monday, January 30, 2012

How hot can you get the CPU on a dell laptop?

I have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop and I recently got the program Speccy. It told me that my CPU was running between 80-86 degrees celcius when I was doing low power tasks. (Web surfing and charging my ipod) Is this bad for the CPU or not?How hot can you get the CPU on a dell laptop?That is reasonably hot. Intel CPU's shut down for safety at around 105 degC.



How old is the laptop. If it is a year old or more it may need a vacuum to remove the dust.

What surface are you using it on. Laptops are now referred to as notebooks because they are generally not suitable to use on your lap. The computer sinks into soft surfaces so the air intakes are blocked, no airflow means excessive heat.How hot can you get the CPU on a dell laptop?I think that might be high? I'm also no expert, but you might want to clean the heatsink on the CPU because laptops get a lot of hair and dust.
  • the pillars of the earth
  • publishing companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment