Monday, January 23, 2012

Can someone please help me with a few Tagalog words and abbreviations?

I am traveling to the Philippines in 10 days and will be there for work about 6 months. I will be getting a local mobile number to be able to contact the few work contacts I have already and anyone new I meet. I have been trying to learn some Tagalog since I found out I was going. Plus I downloaded to my phone the best translator I found (yes paid for it) Problem is the txt chatting and the abbreviations. Can not find software that has them in it, so I am having to add to the dictionary. Can someone please help me with the conversation between 2 work friends I got from FB. I just think it would be rude to ask for help from them to translate their own conversation that I am not part of... LOL.. Any way I am putting the words I have figured out beside the comments in quotation marks.. At least I hope I am translating them correctly.. Please correct my mistakes...





1. nkta kta knina (we saw earier??)

2. ndi nga?? (and you??_

1. weh? I kaya ung its likuran you :) nung nglalakad ka pauwi hahahhaa kasma ko c angie pauwi knina eh

2. ah kaw pla ung naxa likuran nmin bat d nyu kami tinawag??

1. ngek ? d mo pla alam





then



1. ngek preho tau ...

2. d nga??

1. gnyan dn nkuha ko eh

2鈥? xguradu ka??

1. tngnn mo kaya profile ko noh

2. uu ngaCan someone please help me with a few Tagalog words and abbreviations?
here.. :)



1. nkta kta knina (we saw earier??)

- i saw you earlier

2. ndi nga?? (and you??_

-really?

1. weh? I kaya ung its likuran you :) nung nglalakad ka pauwi hahahhaa kasma ko c angie pauwi knina eh

-oh? i was behind you, (smiley face) when you were walking home, haha! you were with Angie earlier

2. ah kaw pla ung naxa likuran nmin bat d nyu kami tinawag??

- ah, so it was you who was behind us, why didn't you call us?

1. ngek ? d mo pla alam

-huh? so you didn't know?





then



1. ngek preho tau ...

-we're the same...

2. d nga??

- no, really?

1. gnyan dn nkuha ko eh

- that's also what i got

2鈥? xguradu ka??

-are you sure?

1. tngnn mo kaya profile ko noh

look at my profile picture..

2. uu nga

ah.. yeah..Can someone please help me with a few Tagalog words and abbreviations?
you will learn the language in an easy way, but you have to learn what JEJEMON is... JEJEMON JEJEMON yan ang in na in ngaun!!!Can someone please help me with a few Tagalog words and abbreviations?
1. i saw you earlier. (your translation was close enough.)

2. isn't it?? (ndi is shortcut h=for hindi %26gt; n-di %26gt; en-di)

1. (huh? i don't get this one but here it goes) weh? that's why it's at your back :) when you walked home hahahha i went home with angie a while ago eh

2. ah so you were behind us why didn't you call us??

1.huh? you didn't know



1. huh we're the same

2. not really?

1. i also got that eh

2. are you sure??

1. just look at my profile

2. yeah it is



txt shortcuts

x is S- xguradu ~ sgurado. just ad i after s~ it's not sigurado(sure)

words with ng~ i can't really explain. but it's like: tngnn T%26gt;ti , nn(you say it like nnn~ so it feels like theres an a there) tingnan(look)
  • acura tsx
  • sea doo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment